Do y’all remember the days of waking up before school, showering and washing your hair, blow drying it, AND THEN also straightening it?! Every single day! Please tell me I am not the only one who did this!
I have no clue how my hair survived those times but now that I have a bit more knowledge, I make sure to treat my blonde locks much nicer!
Today is all about my favorite hair products that keep my hair looking and feeling healthy! My hair is naturally a sandy blonde/dishwater blonde color. I get balayage to lighten things up because that’s what I prefer. These are all products I use and have not damaged my color treated hair.
- Shampoo & Conditioner: I discovered the Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s line through my hair stylist and have continued using it for years. It is truly a multi-tasking line of products that makes your hair so soft and moisturized without weighing it down. Plus the fragrance is so good! Because my hair can get used to products quickly and stop working as effectively, I rotate this line with the Bumble & Bumble thickening products to keep body in my hair.
- Oil: This may not come as a surprise considering what I just said above, but the Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil is the bomb. I put it on my ends after showering while it air dries as well on the ends of dry, styled hair.
- Heat Protectant/Hair Primer: If you’re looking to simplify your hair routine with one great miracle worker, this is it! The EVA NYC Mane Magic 10-in-1 Primer detangles, softens, protects against heat damage — you name it, this stuff does it! The smell is also heavenly!!
- Air Dry Creme: I have become a BIG fan of Kristen Ess products. Her line really brings salon quality with an accessible price at a place we are all already shopping! I rarely blow dry my hair. I prefer night showers, so when I do wash my hair, I want to be able to throw some products in and go to bed. But I also need to wake up with hair that isn’t all over the place! The Kristin Ess Weightless Shine Air Dry Crème smooths everything out and gives you natural texture. Just wash-and-go (to bed in my case)!
- Dry Shampoo: I am what you call a dry shampoo connoisseur. You name it, I have probably tried it. This dry shampoo is one of the bests! I also recommend this one as well, specifically in the “wild” scent. If you are a fan of the Diva laundry detergent you will LOVE it.
- Texturizing: This could really be classified above with the dry shampoos, but I think it is so good it deserves an individual mention! This is a dry shampoo in a fine powder form. It will reallyyyy absorb some oil but I love it to add texture and volume to my hair! Highly recommend adding this product to your line-up if you don’t currently use it.
- Scalp Scrub: Now this is something I have recently discovered and I wish I had known about it sooner. During the summer, my scalp can get irritated and itchy sometimes — probably from the mixture of Alabama sweat and dry shampoo lol. While it may sound strange, I urge you to give it a chance! This exfoliating scalp scrub soothes your scalp and removes build-up, but is gentle on the scalp. Don’t knock it until you try it!
Other honorable mentions:
That’s it! I hope this post was helpful! Please let me know if you have any recommendations or products you swear by. Make sure to visit my “Blog” page to read other recent posts!
2 thoughts on “How I Keep My Blonde Hair Healthy and Toned”
Wow you do have beautiful hair Angela❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awwww thank you!!