I have seen people on Twitter talking about how August equals fall, cooler weather, and pumpkin decor. Well, in the south that is definitely not true! It just keeps getting hotter here and I can’t even imagine shopping for a sweater right now 🙅🏼♀️
The turn of the month does mean something over here at Choose Joy though! It’s time for another edition of the “The Monthly Tea.” So grab a glass of tea (or cup if hot is more your style) and let’s get started!
Products I Am Loving & Loathing
- In case you couldn’t tell, I am a fair-skinned gal and while I love spending my entire day on the beach, my skin does not. I am also not interested in aging my skin any faster or having that worn-in vintage leather look with premature wrinkles. Instead, I self-tan! Self-tanner has come a long way from that orange glow streaky look. Bondi Sands gives you the perfect golden brown color and the application is effortless. Take my word for it and order a bottle today. You will be amazed.
- I don’t self tan my face, so I have to make sure my make-up matches up with the rest of my body 🤪 I use this bronzer for a warm glow. When I’m going for a lazy but pulled-together look, I also use it as eyeshadow and give it a quick swipe it in the crease to pull the look together.
- I think I’ve mentioned this before, but podcasts are one of the best things on earth 🙌 . I either listen to sermons or true crime, there really is no in-between lol! After receiving a recommendation for Wine & Crime, I was initially thinking, I am not sure I am going to like this. I could tell by the description it was much different than my normal Criminology or Dateline episodes. But I was dead wrong! These gals are hilarious and they cover crimes weekly based on topics while also recommending some really great wines. 10/10 would recommend.
- While I do love listening to a good pod, I also enjoy sitting down with an old fashioned hardback book! Right now I am reading The Wife Between Us and my lord! I made it all the way through part one thinking I knew what was going on and then I flipped the page and I was mind-blown! 🤯
What’s In My Cart Right Now
- Oversized Studded Sunglasses. Hello Louis dupe 😎
- Velvet Hangers. I have to swap all the hangers in my closet over to velvet, I just haven’t committed the time to it. P.S. these often go on sale, add them to your Honey droplist so you will get an alert when they do!
- Gold Silverware Set. I have these already, but another set would be nice to cut back on how often I wash dishes! Great quality and make you feel fancy when eating! 💅🏼
Going Green Necessities
- This month I decided to try a new non-toxic all-purpose cleaner from Better Life. So far it works great and smells amazing. If you normally have a sensitivity or dislike the smell of “natural” cleaners, this one is very light and won’t overwhelm you. It’s also on sale right now!
- Having a night routine is very critical to how well I sleep! I was using Bath&Body Works sleep spray, but we all know their ingredients aren’t the best! I made the swap to this relaxing spray and I look forward to spritzing it on my pillow at night because it calms my mind and helps me fall asleep faster.
In true “tea” fashion, I want to take a moment to talk about our ~feelings~. Life is pretty hard right now for everyone. Really difficult for others. Everything is uncertain and a lot of us are faced with doubt, weariness, and fear. So I want to leave you with two Bible verses that I have been praying over and believing in. John 12:26 and Mark 10:50. Read over these words and cast aside these unhealthy mindsets. May you be consumed with His love and unexpected blessings. There will be favor everywhere you go and if you have been waiting on a break-through, even for a prolonged period of time, don’t give up. Before you even see the manifestation of your prayers and answers, begin to walk toward the life you’ve been believing for!
I am believing in blessings for you as well! Can’t wait to chat again soon, but in the meantime, choose joy.