Whew, honeyyyy. I know you have already asked yourself this, but how are we already halfway through the year?! It really seems like yesterday was the beginning of quarantine and we all thought it wouldn’t last that long. 2020 has really been putting us through it!
Today kicks off a new series on the blog called “The Monthly Tea.” This will be a round-up/recap/rundown where I take a second to share about what’s going on in my life, reviews of products I did or did not like, and other info from the past month I want to chat about! So grab your favorite glass of tea — sweet, unsweet, hot, or iced (I prefer mine to be diabetes sweet) — and catch up with me. 🥤
Products I Am Loving & Loathing
- If you follow me on Instagram, you have seen this hat. I purchased it for the beach, but I have worn it so much more than I anticipated! It is seriously that good! It is outside of my normal style comfort zone, but I wish I had discovered it sooner. Very affordable and UPF50+. A win-win! (It’s $10 off today, so run over to Amazon & add it to your cart!)
- At-home manicures are becoming the new normal for a lot of people! I have always been more into doing my nails at home versus spending a ton of time at the nail salon. The Essie Gel Couture line is a gel mani without the trouble of the light and it only takes two steps! Plus to remove, it only takes the swipe of nail polish remover and doesn’t ruin your nails the way salon gel polish does. I think I am going to pick up the color “Sunset Soiree” next! 💅
- I ordered this cover-up via Prime before my recent beach trip because I desperately needed a new one. I was very excited to find a simple and chic look, but it didn’t come in time. Once I tried it on, I was honestly glad it didn’t! It just didn’t do anything amazing for me and is sheerer than I wanted. However, I did find this replacement one on accident and I am so glad I did! It says in-store availability only, so if you can’t make it to your nearest Walmart, I am linking this one as an alternative.
- Last, but certainly might be my favorite are these raffia sandals. You seriously can’t beat this deal for such a trendy summer shoe! Plus, they’re less than $20 today! 👡
What’s In My Cart Right Now
- No Touch Tool. Not much explanation needed here other than germs are literally everywhere and we all need one of these! 😷
- 3-in-1 Home Air Purifier. I live in an older home where the dust collects in corners faster than you can clean it. Plus with Finn shedding everywhere, I think it is time I add one to my bedroom!
- This tee and this dress from Z Clothing. This boutique is owned by a fellow Alabama gal and I can’t wait to support her business!
- New slippers. Mine have been chewed on quite a few times by a sweet little pup so I think it’s time I pick up a replacement. 🐶
Going Green Necessities
Because of my health condition and the desire to improve my overall well-being, over the last two years, I have slowly started making the transitioning to a cleaner, greener, and more non-toxic lifestyle. It is a switch that can not be done overnight. After reading about all the chemicals and harmful ingredients in products we use every day, you will be tempted to throw it all away at once. But the best way to do it is to start with small changes, like swapping dryer sheets for wool dryer balls. Read more about switching over on my favorite blog by Amanda Scott. Two products I purchased recently include:
- Reusable makeup remover pads. These are just like the cotton rounds for removing your makeup, but reusable and more earth friendly! Just toss them in the washing machine when you’re done and they’re ready to be used again.
- Paperless paper towels. These super absorbent cloth towels are perfect for replacing you paper towel habit! I still use traditional ole’ paper towels for big messes and whatnot. But these are perfect for using as a cloth napkin, to wipe up a quick spill, and can even be used to make a mask during the pandemic because the fabric is so breathable. These are great quality and the seller had super fast shipping. I will definitely be purchasing more of these!
I know this post is getting mighty long, but I thought I would mention a few other noteworthy things from the month of June before I go! Last month I had my post-op appointment from my surgery in May. It was a lot of information to take in, but I was able to hear about all of the endometriosis my doctor found and removed which was a huge relief! Because my illness is not physically seen, you would be shocked at how many people brush it off. And honestly, it has made me doubt myself in the past. Like, am I making all this up? Is it all in my head?? Am I actually insane?! So hearing that my doctor did physically see what has been causing me so much pain was the affirmation I needed. Even though my body is continuing to heal and I am learning more about navigating another condition they discovered, it was a moment of happiness for me. On top of that, I got to introduce Tom (the cute boy in this picture) to my favorite place ever — Florida beaches! We had a wonderful time and I am hoping I can convince him to go back sooner rather than later. 🌴
Now that I’ve spilled, I want to hear more about you! Share some happiness during these dark times and tell me what the best part of June was in your world!
I am wishing you a week filled with joy and peace. I am off to refill my tea glass!